Microsoft has finally unveiled its Surface Tablet, which is the iconic company's initial headway into the tablet hardware industry. The Surface tablet runs Microsoft's newest Windows 8 software, and was released as a 'companion hardware innovation', meant to mirror one of Microsoft's most extensive overhaul of their operating system.
The Surface Tablet was released alongside Windows 8, and comes in two styles:
Surface with Windows RT
Windows RT is a version of Windows for ARM processors, and includes a metro-style interface and a limited version of the traditional Windows desktop.
- Operating System: Windows RT
- Display: 10.6" ClearType HD
- Thickness: 9.3 mm
- Battery: 31.5 W-h
- Connectivity: microSD, USB 2.0, Micro HD Video, 2x2 MIMO antennae
- Storage: 32 GB, 64 GB
Surface with Windows 8 Pro
This style will be sporting a full version of Windows 8 Pro, and will be ideal for business professionals who require higher end computing.
- Operating System: Windows 8 Pro
- Display: 10.6" ClearType Full HD
- Thickness: 13.5 mm
- Battery: 42 W-h
- Connectivity: microSDXC, USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort Video, 2x2 MIMO antennae
- Storage: 64 GB, 128 GB